Yesterday I posted some objective questions on apple in the form of fill in the blanks. Today again I am going to post some more fill in the blanks with reasoning questions. This will complete important questions from apple fruit crop.
Fill in the blanks:
- Unlike apple scab fungus, the spores of powdery mildew do not require _____________ for germination.
- Black rot disease of apple is caused by and is also known as .
- Phytophthora cactorum survives in the soil as that are resistant to drought and relatively resistant to chemical treatment.
- Characteristic feature of white root rot is that can be seen on roots during monsoon months and can be seen on soil level.
- Young trees if infested with may die quickly with necrotic leaves still on the dead plant is a characteristic symptom.
- Soil pH , soil moisture and Temperature play an important role in incidence and survival of Dematophora necatrix.
- Crown gall of apple is caused by and hairy root is caused by can be managed by bio-control agent strain
- How excess nitrogen makes the plants more susceptible? What is the role of balanced nutrition in disease management?
- Why overhead irrigation be avoided during fire blight outbreak?
- Why control of insects with sucking type of mouth parts is important in management of fire blight of pome fruits?
You may answer the fill in the blanks in comment section. I shall be posting the answers in comment section tomorrow.
1. a film of waterReplyDelete
2. Botryospaeria obtusa, frog eye leaf spot
3. thick-walled spores (oospores)
4. white fluffy growth of mycelium
5. Dematophora necatrix
6. 6-6.5, >70% 17oC
7. Agrobacterium tumefaciens, A. rhizogenes, Agrobacterium radiobacter K84